TTV is working in collaboration with a charity event called Ping Pong-A-Thon (PPAT) to raise the profile of table tennis in Victoria, and I am writing to invite your club / association to consider whether you might get involved.
Last year, 41 PPAT events were held across Australia, and amongst its participants, awareness was raised about the issue of human trafficking and the exploitation of young people. This year it is anticipated that the number of events will almost double. The funds raised through the event ($203,000 in 2015) have been used to combat human trafficking through PPAT’s eight partner organisations in South east Asia. You can view information about the event at www.pingpongathon.com and the Facebook page www.facebook.com/ThePongAu/
The association can get involved either by:
- Hosting a PPAT event; this would involve asking both your existing players and members of the local community to participate.
- Encouraging players from your club to participate in a PPAT event happening in your locality (2016 venues are currently being finalised). Please contact us to see if there is a venue in your locality.
PPAT provide resources including an event organiser manual so you don’t need to start from scratch. All you need is a venue and a small group of people who will take local ownership for running the event.
At TTV we see this collaboration as strategic for the following reasons:
- Good publicity for the sport,
- Increased player participation in table tennis and
- Do something for a very worthy cause.
If you are interested in becoming involved, please contact the PPAT directly (Sandra – 0411 156 335, firstname.lastname@example.org).
TTV Chief Executive Officer